Baja Dog Rescue is a 501c(3) non-profit organization that is run by a group of dedicated volunteers in the Baja California area. We rescue and rehabilitate unwanted, abandoned and neglected dogs and find them loving happy homes; we literally give them a second chance at life. Baja Dog Rescue was formed for the purpose of saving the lives of homeless dogs. We love animals and want to help save the lives of homeless dogs, to find responsible individuals to take in and care for homeless dogs, and work for the humane treatment, adoption, rescue and care of dogs.
You can mail donations to:
Baja Dog Rescue
P.O. Box 437920
San Ysidro, CA 92173
What is Baja Dog Rescue:
• Is an active member of a regional coalition of animal rescue organizations that serve to create a no kill zone. This means that we do not euthanize healthy animals to control population. We advocate humane spay / neuter programs for population control and to reduce cruelty that arises from over population and stray animals. Our organization provides educational as well as spay/neuter, medical and rescue services. Baja Dog Rescue spays/neuters all adult animals in our care.
• Maintains rehabilitation services that include emergency medical care (for example, from gun wounds, abuse injuries, car strikes, cancer), medicine for chronic conditions (like parasites and endemic dog diseases), food and nutritional supplements to rebuild health and overcome starvation syndromes. When the animals are fully recovered, healthy, and free of behavioral problems, we put them through an adoption network and helps them to join new families. We supplement this effort through an affiliate network of foster homes. Adopters are required to sign a humane treatment agreement. Our organization takes back dogs if adopters don’t uphold the agreement.
• Provides permanent sanctuary to dogs that are unadoptable due to severity of trauma.
• Provides consultation and a support network to anyone needing assistance with rescue/rehab work.
• Focuses 100% of efforts on street rescues. These dogs are the worst-case scenarios and would have a 0% chance of survival without our efforts.
• Maintain a medical staff on hand and a network of vets to administer, diagnosis, and treat dogs that are rescued through us.
• Maintains a website at www.bajadogrescue.org where the public can read about us, view our adoptable dogs and apply for potential adoption. Baja Dog Rescue is also listed on Petfinder.com, Adopt-A-Pet, and Rescuegroups.org with our adoptable dogs.
• Partnered with Petco Unleashed to facilitate weekly adoption events to find our adoptable dogs loving homes.
• Serves the Southern California area including San Diego County, Orange County & Los Angeles County.
• Current facility is comprised of 45,000 sq ft with 4 buildings, which represent about 11, 650 sq ft all used for housing for the dogs we rescue.