DAV and RecruitMilitary will host a Veterans Job Fair this Thursday, November 29th at Scottish Rite Event Center from 11am to 3pm for veterans, transitioning military personnel and military spouses. This event features nearly 60 Southern California employers and comes on the heels of RecruitMilitary’s newly formed partnership with Google and its newly designed job search function for military trained talent.
As job seekers prepare to attend Thursday’s job fair in San Diego, transitioning service members and veterans using RecruitMilitary’s job board to preview available job opportunities will experience a refined search that’s powered by Google’s machine learning algorithms and built-in military occupational specialty (MOS) understanding to civilian job matching.
- The new search function is key to those veterans or service members who are actively seeking new career opportunities but are unsure of where to begin. Now with help from Google’s search, RecruitMilitary provides an enhanced running start that is needed by job seekers who are new to the civilian job search process.
- This functionality will make it easier for veteran to find the next step in their career in the civilian workforce.
- In early testing of the service, we have seen a more than 13% increase in veteran job seekers applying to jobs, and search volume by users is increased by more than 10%.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the rate veteran unemployment continues to steadily decline – currently at 2.9%, which means military trained talent is in demand by civilian employers.
- Now Google and RecruitMilitary are making it easier for both job seekers and employers by changing the job search and job placement processes for both parties.