The DSC Show for Monday, 2/4/19: Emily Wins HUGE Bet, Fave & Hated Super Bowl Ads, Quiz For KISS Tix and more!
Listen to the podcast below.
These are some of the things we learned on the show today:
Super Bowl 53: New England Patriots won their 6th Super Bowl tying the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was the lowest scoring game in Super Bowl history with only one touchdown.
Tom Brady is the first player to win six Super Bowl rings ! He also kissed owner Robert Kraft on the lips!
Julian Edelman won MVP for the game.
Tony Romo finally made it to a Super bowl .. . As an announcer rather than a player.
Top of the show Dave says - "let’s go double or nothing if Emily can name the number I'm thinking of!" We’re in! We each owe her $200 for our office pool Super Bowl bet.
- How long will it take Gladys Knight to sing the National Anthem/ Over/Under 1:45 min. She went 2:01. Everyone but Chainsaw bet she would go over.
- Will any player take a knee during the anthem? No one did, so Dave, Ruth and Boyer lost.
- What song will Maroon 5 start with? Harder to Breathe - Dave and Sarah won that.
- What color gatorade? It was blue and only Chainsaw chose it.
- Ruth - NFL game breaks out at a formal ceremony
- Emly - Jason Bateman’s Elevator of Doom - Hyundai
- Boyer - Bud we don’t use corn syrup
- Chain - same as Ruth and Emily
- Sarah - M&M
- Dave - Game of Thrones
Most Popular Commercials according to USA Today :
- NFL - game broke out at a fancy dinner
- Harrison Ford - dog ordering dog food
- Microsoft - we all win
- Hundai - Jason bate
- M&M bad passengers
- Michael Buble
- Bud - clydesdales
- Audi - guy walking across the field
- Mercedes Benz
Least Popular Commercials:
- Andy Warhol - Burger King
- Wix - Karli Kloss
- TurboTax robot children
- Turkish Airlines
- Persil Pro Clean
Photo by KGB/iHeartMedia
$5 Quiz: Songs where the title isn’t in the song
Name of the song and the artist. Listeners playing for tickets to see KISS Monica
- Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen
- Viva la Vida by Coldplay
- Baba O'Riley, The Who
- Smells like Teen Spirit, Nirvana
- Black Dog, Led Zeppelin
- A Day in the life, The Beatles
- Annie’s Song, John Denver
- Badge, Cream
- Misty Mountain Hop, Led Zeppelin
- Basketcase, Green Day
- Hair of the Dog, Nazareth
- Rock n Roll Train, AC/DC
- Immigrant Song, Led Zeppelin
- Land of a Thousand Dances, WIlson Pickett
- Lithium, Nirvana
- Epic, Faith No More
- Feelin’ Groovy, Simon and Garfunkel
*************CHAINSAW WINS AGAIN ***********
Photo by KGB/iHeartMedia
Here are some of the things we learned on the show today.
Phoenix Open 2019 - Ricky Fowler was about to win the whole thing, until he lost it. He had a huge lead going into Sunday and he gave it all up. But then he got it back and won the whole thing!
Johnny Miller retired this weekend, so NBC spent the whole weekend giving him a handjob, says Dave. Paul Azinger will take his place.
The Gov. of VA has a pic in his yearbook of two men - one in blackface, the other in a KKK hood. Should he resign or not? Our whole Team DSC says yes!
Mom and daughter went to a theme park where the daughter fell and hurt herself after being scared by one of the characters. She blames them for not giving her a No-Boo badge to warn characters to avoid that person. We give her nothing.
A bank in Ireland gave a kid $11.5 million. But they didn’t let him keep the cash. Just a lil' accident.
Routine traffic stop led to a car getting stopped for tailgating and then got busted with 189 lbs. of weed on the back seat with a blanket draped over it. Gotta love stupid criminals.
Karl Strauss is celebrating 30th years in business in San Diego as the first craft beer business in town.
For the whole month of Feb. many museums in Balboa Park are offering half price admission.
Should you give your significant other an adult love toy for a gift for Valentine’s Day? Survey says yes.
Photos by Getty Images
Check out more articles from The DSC Show .