The DSC Show for Monday 2/25/19: Someone Gets Tased, Hot Dog Burps, Shirts You Can Eat, Oscars and more!
Listen to the podcast below.
Here are some of the things we learned today on The DSC Show.
We're thinking Sarah is to blame for the funky smells in the studio last week. Dave couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but he was suspicious. Sarah said yes, she was the stinky food offender in the office because of her food prep.
Dave says he must have the face that no one wants to sit next to on the plane yesterday. Finally, a woman with gross food sat down next to him. Then he tried not to get caught looking over her shoulder at her notebook.
Boyer says we used the “wrong” towel last week for You Bet Your Ass game. Blamed it on the towel, not the person. What if we used a lap dance instead?! Hall of Fame Listener Omar sent us a taser gun and Dave tested it on Clint at the end of today's show. Yes, it hurts! You can see a pic of the burn here. Check out the video of Clint tasing himself below.
Dave found Sarah's vocal doppelganger, Lola from Big Mouth on Netflix. Especially the way she ends a sentence.
Hot dog burps are the worst! Just disgusting.
North Korea has a line of shirts for men that you can eat - in case you get hungry!
“Your Oddly Long Thumbs Are Causing My Flaccidity” is the name of Dave's new band.
Emily, The DSC Death Czar says NO to the Original Marilyn on the 60's TV show, The Munsters. Actress Beverly Owen died over the weekend. Dave happily accepts her into his Purgatory Party.
Photos by Getty Images
The 91st Oscar Awards were held in Hollywood, CA last night and broadcast on ABC. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' picked up four wins, while 'Green Book,' 'Roma,' and 'Black Panther' nabbed three statues.
Queen and Adam Lambert came out first and rocked a medley of their classic rock songs making a powerful start to the show. Then comedians Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph came out as presenters and made us laugh. With no messing around, we go for a big award fir for best supporting actress, which Regina King wins. But then it slowed waaaay down. The rest of the big awards came in the last half hour of the show.
We talked about a few notable moments during the ceremony, but you'll have to listen to the podcast for that dish.
This year, there was no host and frankly no one in our crew missed it. The award show ran three hours and 20 minutes, instead of the usual four or five hours with a host.
Spike Lee threw a fit when' Black Klansman' lost Best Picture to 'Green Book.' He tried to leave the theater.
Last award of the night was presented by Guillermo Del Toro. He says,"I have been so sick. I’ve been puking my guts out all da, but I wouldn't miss this for the world." Then he gives the winner a bear hug. The germaphobes were horrified.
Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga sang the winning song, walked onto the stage from the front row, hand in hand. Brought the house down and then they made goo goo eyes at each other. Dave felt sorry for the other best song nominees like Conway Twitty and Minnie Pearl blowin’ in a jug
Get the complete list of Oscar winners here.
Here's the best and the worst looks on the Oscar Red Carpet 2019.
Photos by Getty Images
Are you turning into your parents? (All of these listeners were under 40.)
- Eating dinner at 4:30 on Sunday.
- Going to bed at 8:30 on Saturday night.
- Instead of admitting you fell asleep, you say - I’m just “resting my eyes.”
- Very suspicious of teenagers. Watches them out her window and assumes they’re up to no good.
- Groans every time they get up.
- Dude growls like a gorilla when he sits on the floor just like his one year old.
- Walks into a room and forgets what I came in there for.
- Threw out his back putting on socks
- Terrible with computers (age 27). Always has a bowl of Werther’s.
- Can’t go out to dinner with people at 9pm.
- Friend wanted to go out after the kids were in bed around 9. Hoped they’d cancel and they did!
- You can’t understand the TV so you watch with subtitles on.
- Can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. Even fell asleep while dancing at a bachelorette party. She’s only 28!
- Her reaction to getting a Dyson vacuum cleaner was so enthusiastic you would’ve sworn she got a lambo instead.
- Got the worst foot cramp from walking through her living room. Only 29.
Photo by KGB/iHeartMedia
$5 Quiz: Name is your buzzer! Name the song not the artist.
All of them are Academy Award winning songs.
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Lion King
- Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on my Head - Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid
- Chim Chim Cheree - Mary Poppins
- Flashdance - What a Feeling
- K Sera Sera - Doris Day - The Man Who Knew Too Much
- The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand
- Theme from Shaft
- Say You, Say Me - Lionel Richie - White Knights
- You’ll Be in my Heart - Tarzan
- Take My Breath Away - Top Gun
- Lose Yourself - 8 mile
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- My Heart will Go On - Titanic
- A Whole New World - Aladdin
- Moon River - Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Arthur’s Theme (Best That you Can Do)
Photo by KGB/iHeartMedia
Check out more articles from The DSC Show.