The DSC Show for Wednesday 5/15/19: Vajayjay Full Of Spiders, Boyer Locked Out, Weird Family Rules and more!
Listen to the podcast below.
Here are some of the things we learned today on The DSC Show on KGB.
Listener Bev emailing Dave at DSC@101kgb.com: She typed in a filthy word in a text to a friend but Dave can’t tell us the word. It's an eight letter word that starts with F. Next four letters begin with a T and rhyme with hard. The auto-correct suggested the perfect substitute - Rickards! There were a few references during the show where we called someone a "Rickards" trying to make it stick.
Emily told Dave this morning, “Look out. Boyer’s on something today.“ Boyer forgot his key this morning, so Emily asked him if he was locked out. He said, "technically, no. My keycard is at home, but I'm not locked out.” He insisted he was “credentials inefficient.” The Boyer Army called to defend him and his terminology. He had that smug look on his face, thinking he makes any sense at all. If this makes sense to you, YOU are the Boyer at your office.
Dear Dave, Why did Emily let him in? Listener Carlos
Brent in Vermont says “Boyer, You’re such a Rickards.”
What’s the number to be considered rich these days? Dave, Chain and Ruth said back in our day it was a million dollars. But not anymore. Now it's $2.3 million. Not a single generation thinks one million does it anymore. Boyer thinks you have to have $10 million to be considered rich.
“Vagina Full of Spiders” is the name of Dave’s new band.
Pat Sajak and Vanna White had only had one fight in the 38 years of working together on Wheel of Fortune. The one fight was about what to put on your hotdog. Pat prefers just catsup, Vanna wants mustard AND catsup.
Disney Co says the creators of Game of Thrones will write the next Star Wars movie. Twitter was outraged and think it’s a disaster and completely against it.
Mick Jagger is up and about after his heart surgery a few months ago. If you need some inspiration, please go here to watch this 75-year-old man dance shortly after heart surgery.
Roger Daltrey couldn’t leave his show at Madison Square Garden the other night without insulting the audience. He sarcastically thanked them for ruining the show for him by smoking weed because he’s allergic to it. He said it wrecked his voice. You can hear his rant here.
Pringles is releasing a new flavor and we have to guess what it is before they release it to the public. Taste test it and guess the mystery flavor. If you're correct, you can win $10,000.
Hershey’s is dicking with their classic candy bar. They’re replacing the Hershey’s logo with emojis.
There may be rain in the forecast, but there is a 100% chance of ice tomorrow morning! It's part two of You Bet Your Ass with a pant load of ice cubes down the pants as punishment, so don't miss it on KGB!
Photo by Getty Images
Did your family have any bizarre rules? Here are some doozies!
- If you take a shower after dinner - you’ll die.
- You can’t go outside when it’s windy because you’ll get a sore throat. If you DO go out, you must wear a scarf.
- Couldn't throw garbage in the trash cans after the house was cleaned.
- No one was allowed to fart at the table when wearing shoes.
- When the cops came, we had to dump the weed under the lemon tree out back.
- No one was allowed to touch, breath on, or sample Dad’s Circus Cookies.
- Bromo’s sister had an upstair balcony and he would streak naked from one end to the other. So no streaking allowed.
- No sex after eating pork because it would send you to the hospital.
- We had to sit on the ground under plate glass windows during a storm.
- Can’t drink OJ after 10 am.
- Not allowed to say mayonnaise. Could only say "M-word."
- I could only have two ice cubes per drink.
- Couldn’t handle Lysol alone due to little brothers weaponized farts. (You must listen to the podcast to hear the reason this was a rule! It’s about 8:15 am or so.)
- Salt was for guests only. Using spices was looked down on and seen as an insult to her parents.
- Little brother wanted a dog and they didn’t want to get him one, so parents told him only every other house could own one.
- I couldn’t lay down whenever my boyfriend was over, because Mom said it would give him dirty thoughts and turn him on.
- ***** WINNER****** Marti - She couldn’t go outside without underwear on - because a spider will come out of her vagina.
Photo be KGB/iHeartMedia
Backwash Podcast Quiz:
Q: Who had a Nose Hawk growing on his nose?
Nobody won the "Jersey Mike's "$25 gift card because they couldn’t beat the bandits. Three calls and you’re out.
To explain the question ... Emily couldn’t help notice Chainsaw had some hair growing on top of his nose - not growing out of his nostrils, but ON top on his beak! Emily pointed it out and laughed her head off, making the rest of us crack up. She couldn't stop staring and Chainsaw spent the rest of the podcast holding a hand over his face to shield her distressing view. You should listen to the Backwash podcast to hear if for yourself. Just go here.
Photo by KGB/iHeartmedia
Are These the Ten Best Inventions of the Last 25 Years?
According to the survey, here are the ten most important inventions of the last 25 years:
- Wi-Fi. The "Internet" didn't qualify because it's over 25 years old.
- Online banking
- Online search engines, like Google.
- Online shopping platforms, like Amazon.
- Stem cell technology.
- Flat-screen TVs.
- Contactless payment, where you just hover your credit card or phone over the machine instead of swiping. (THAT made the top 10?)
- Tablet devices.
YouTube just missed the list at #11, coming in ahead of 3D printers (#12), Netflix (#13), Skype (#15), electric cars (#16),Facebook (#19), and wireless headphones (#20).
Photo by Getty Images
Check out more articles from The DSC Show.