Did you know last year 739 beautiful animals were adopted during the Clear the Shelter event last year? Let's do BETTER this year angels!!!! There are thousands of beautiful and loving animals waiting to be loved by YOU!
Local animal agencies and nonprofit groups involved in “Clear the Shelters Day” are:
- Chula Vista Animal Care Facility, 130 Beyer Way, Chula Vista
- County of San Diego Department of Animal Services — Southern Region, 5821 Sweetwater Road, Bonita (starting at 9:30 a.m.)
- County of San Diego Department of Animal Services — Northern Region, 2481 Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad (starting at 9:30 a.m.)
- El Cajon Animal Services, 1373 N. Marshall Ave., El Cajon
- San Diego Humane Society — San Diego, 5500 Gaines St., San Diego
- San Diego Humane Society — Escondido, 3450 E. Valley Parkway
- San Diego Humane Society — Oceanside Campus, 2905 San Luis Rey Road
- Shelly's Shelter, 279 Surrey Drive, Bonita
- Friends of Cats, 15587 Olde Highway 80, El Cajon
- Rancho Coastal Humane Society, 389 Requeza St., Encinitas
- San Diego House Rabbit Society Adoption Center, 4807 Mercury St., Suite A, San Diego
- Wee Companions Small Animal Rescue, 3368 Governor Drive, Suite F, San Diego
At county sites, all adopted pets will be spayed or neutered, and microchipped before they go home. Vaccinations will also be up-to-date on dogs and cats.
Make sure you streamline everything to speed up the process! Many of the adoption agencies have downloadable applications to fill out before going to the event Saturday. Renters should also bring a copy of their lease to show it’s OK to have a pet at their home.
County officials note that those interested in adopting might want to consider several animals in case one has already been adopted. Adoptions typical take several hours, including time spent in line.
Clear the Shelters is led locally by television stationsNBC7 and Telemundo 20.
For more information, visit cleartheshelters.com or in Spanish, desocuparlosalbergues.com