LOTS OF EMAIL TODAY ABOUT THE WORLD PREMIERE OF OUR NEW PODCAST, THE UNCENSORED AFTER-SHOW CALLED “BACKWASH!”
It's posted above, so please give it a chance. And don't forget, it's not safe for work. Some of what we talk about includes: Bromo makes amends; Ruth and Boyer share drunk stories and drop F-bombs; Boyer revisits time with his late father; Chainsaw's encounter with Tom Hanks in the men's room; and Ruth's Porn Debut in a film with Ron Jeremy!
Some of the comments so far:
LOVED LISTENING TO THE CREW WITHOUT THE MAGIC BUTTON
- "RUTH FLUFFING IN A RESTAURANT BOOTH" IS THE NAME OF HER NEW BAND.
- THAT WAS SO COOL! ESPECIALLY LIKED BROMO MAKING AMENDS.
- THAT WAS AN AMAZING SURPRISE! LOVE YOUR SHOW!!!
- THAT WAS FUNNY! I'M A FAN! AND HAVING BROMO ON IT WAS GREAT! NOW I WANT TO CHECK OUT HIS SHOW TOO. THANK YOU DSC!
- WELL THAT PODCAST WAS... SOMETHING!
- GOOD STUFF! LOVED IT!
- F—-ING LOVE THIS! #BoyerAndRuthArePottyMouths
- LOVE IT - KEEP THIS GOING!
- I HAVE TO ADMIT... I LIKE THE NAME, DAVE. IT'S APPROPRIATE. AND I'VE NO DOUBT THE AFTERTASTE IS WORSE THAN LISTERINE.
- LIKE THE NAME. WAS THAT SARAH-INSPIRED?
- "Keep Tallllllllllkiiiiiiiing"
Photo by KGB/iheartmedia
If you haven't watched the video of the mascot who shot himself in the groin with the t-shirt cannon, please click on the video posted above!
Actor, announcer, dancer, and host, John O’Hurley phoned our show today. John did a one man show at Hotel Del Coronado called, "A Man With Standards" and promises to bring it back one day soon. It’s made up of clever and interesting stories taken from his life and underscored with music from the Great American Song Book.
John has been hosting the Purina Dog Show on Thanksgiving since 2002. He did a few episodes of Bay Watch, Seinfeld of course. Frasier too. In fact, you can read so much more about him on his Wiki page here to see the very long list of his work.
John was in the first season of "Dancing with the Stars," and took home the very first version of the glitter ball trophy. Right now, he’s on Broadway performing "Chicago" and set to do his 2,000th performance.
Photo by Getty Images
The wonderful actor, Rob Lowe will be on our show on Tuesday, 9-25-18, so be sure to tune in to 101.5 KGB-FM! Go to 101kgb.com and click listen now.
Since Bromo is visiting us again today, Dave decided to play a round of the “BROMO BRAIN BOWL.”Listener Nick took on Bromo for Ozzie tickets. The subject was Fall, since today is the first day of Fall. Dave is a shrewd negotiator and convinced Bromo to give Nick a five point head start.
1. WHAT ARE THE THREE ZODIAC SIGNS THAT OCCUR IN FALL?
Nick said: LIBRA, SCORPIO and SAGITTARIUS
Bromo: Scorpions, Unicorn, Virgin
2. FALL USUALLY BEGINS ON SEPT 21st . WHEN DOES IT BEGIN IN CANADA?
Nick said: SAME DAY
Bromo said: THE DAY BEFORE.
3. Name this song. AUTUMN LEAVES BY NAT KING COLE
Bromo said: Blowing Leaves by Peter Falk
Nick didn't know.
4. WHAT HOLIDAYS HAPPEN IN FALL?
Nick said: THANKSGIVING and HALLOWEEN,
Bromo said: Valentine’s Day, Christopher Cross Day,and Easter
5. WHAT’S THE NAME OF THE NATURAL PHENOMENON THAT CAUSES THINGS TO FALL TO THE GROUND?
Nick said: GRAVITY
Bromo said : perennial old age
6. WHO CAME TO RESCUE OF HUMPTY DUMPTY WHEN HE FELL?
Nick: THE KING AND THE HORSEMEN
Bromo: Mother goose
7. WHAT 3 MONTHS MAKE UP FALL?
Nick said: SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER
Bromo: Sept Oct and Nov (Trick question: Fall is in four months so add Dec.)
8. TODAY IS THE AUTUMNAL EQUINOX. WE GET 12 HOURS OF DAYLIGHT. HOW MUCH NIGHT?
Nick said: 12 HOURS
Bromo: 6 hours
9. Today begins the autumnal equinox. Spell that.
Nick: ATUMINAL EQUIXON
Bromo: Autumnal Equinox
CORRECT ANSWER: THAT
Nick - 10 correct!! Bromo - 1
Photo by KGB/iheartmedia
The Cleveland Browns finally won a football game! They beat the New York Jets 21-17 last night on Thursday Night Football. It's their first win in 635 days since they beat the San Diego Chargers. The Browns were led by Baker Mayfield who said "Dilly Dilly" to the Cleveland fans. Now everyone can have free Budweiser! It was awesome that they won at home where the fans went wild!
Video by YouTube
"Chainsaw Sports" is now a separate podcast! Yes, his sportscasts are still included with the podcast of our whole show. But if you only want to hear the Chainsaw Sports, now you can. Just click the video above.
Please enjoy our free podcast from the entire show today, 9-21-18, on 101 KGB!