McKamey Manor makes participants live out their worst nightmares. The creator and operator Russ MaKamey actually considers it to be a "Horror bootcamp". The experience, which originated in San Diego but has moved to Tennessee and Alabama, is so real and intense that participants must meet several requirements, including:
- 21 years of age or (18-20) with parental approval
- Provide a letter from their physician to verify their physical and mental health
- Undergo a background check
- Advance screening interview via Skype with Russ McKamey
- Sign a detailed 40-page waiver
- Provide proof of medical insurance
- Pass a drug test on-site
If you meet all of these requirements you're in for the fright of your life. The Manor only allows two guests at a time, and the experience can last anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. It begins with an abduction where actors physically assault you and take you from a meet-up location to the Manor. Once at the Manor it's a non-stop course of terror that includes being bound, gagged, shoved into traps, being buried alive, having your head held under water, being forced to eat disgusting things, being covered in live insects, strange liquid substances and more.
McKamey Manor also offers an "Extreme" experience that offers a $20,000 incentive if you can make it through to the end.