The DSC Show for Tuesday 4/16/19: Shower Peeing, Beards Are Gross, Monster Kids, Notre Dame and more!
Listen to the podcast below.
Here are some of the things we learned today on The DSC Show on KGB.
Fire that burned Notre Dame in Paris already has several wealthy families putting up money for the rebuilding.
"Georgette" on The Mary Tyler Moore Show died at the age of 70. Actress Georgia Engel was on the hit TV show in the 70's and married the famous Ted Baxter. She won two Emmy nominations and also had recurring roles in "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Hot in Cleveland." The Celebrity Death Czar says, 'she's in' and will secure her place in Celebrity Heaven.
The Presidential Medal of Freedom is being given to Tiger Woods by President Trump.
Congrats to NASCAR champion, Jimmy Johnson who ran the Boston Marathon yesterday in three hours and nine minutes! That's impressive.
Seattle Seahawk, Russell Wilson got a $65 million signing bonus yesterday. That’s worth $140 million for 4 years, making him the highest paid player in the NFL.
Peeing in the shower saves 1.3 trillion gallons of water! Details here.
The LA Clippers made history last night when they made the biggest comeback in NBA playoff history. They were down by 31 points, then came back to win the game against the champion Golden State Warriors in Game 2. The series is now tied 1-1.
It's official - beards are grosser than dog fur. A recent study by Swiss scientists found there were more germs harbored in a beard’s whiskers than dogs carry in their fur. Here's the proof.
Thanks to Chainsaw's excellent cinematography skills, Boyer's nut sponge will be featured at Cannes later this summer.
Photos by Getty Images
Costco is a lunch destination for many people, good food for reasonable rates.
What’s the best thing there according to Pinterest?
The crew wrote down their favorite:
- Ruth chose pizza.
- Sarah chose the churro.
- Emily chose the Cold Brew Mocha Freeze.
- Boyer chose Hot Turkey Provolone
- Acai Bowl
- Chicken Bake
- Hot Dog and a Coke
- Very Berry Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Acai Swirl Yogurt
- Cold Brew Mocha Freeze
- The Churro
- Fruit Smoothie
- Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- Hot Turkey Provolone
Photo by Getty Images
That moment you realize your kids might be monsters
Sarah overheard her kids talking outside. She listened in and everything stopped because it was disturbing. Shane and Summer were playing together nicely - which rarely happens. Shane suddenly says, “you better stop it right now or I’ll send monsters into your dreams to haunt you while you sleep.” It made poor lil' Summer cry. Shane has a toy tool table and Summer says she was “going to saw open her racoons head and scoop out his eyeballs.” She's a tad worried she might be raising two lil' monsters.
But here some other stories told by parents becoming aware of that fateful moment.
- When his parents were fighting, one kid would run to the kitchen and get them each a weapon and encourage them to keep fighting.
- My 11 year old son called 9-1-1 and said his Mom slapped him. He took a pic of a red mark on his face which he probably created himself.
- My brother would threaten to call Family Services. Dad called his bluff by circling the number in the phone book for Child Protective Services and told him if he called he would never be allowed to come back home, but live in foster care.
- My friends little brother had psychotic tendencies. One time he handed me a knife and sliced his own arm, then told his parents I cut him. They didn’t believe him thankfully.
- When our 13-year-old stole $200 he spent it on candy. He told them it was their fault for leaving the money in the house. He doesn’t like seeing anyone happy.
- I threatened my mother I’d put her in a home if she didn’t do what I wanted. She slapped me anyway.
It's never too late to seek the help of a therapist!
Photo by Getty Images
Check out more articles from The DSC Show.